Sunday, February 13, 2011

Project #1 For Max!: New Boppy Cover!

I have a baby boy coming in April!  With the new addition to our family, I have a long checklist of things to accomplish before he gets here.  On the list is getting his room ready.  According to USPS.com, my box of fabric for his room should be delivered tomorrow! EEK! So excited to get started on his bumpers, crib sheets, crib quilt, and other little projects. 

Yesterday I was going through a box of Maddy's baby things, trying to see what I could use for Max...most things were a little too girly. I found my boppy, but the cover was no where to be found.  Too bad, too - hers was a really pretty green with brown, and embellished with an Elephant.  It would have been perfect!  Oh well, time to make a new boppy cover!  I had just gotten some light green damask minky fabric that was calling my name. 

I decided upon the other print I would use, and started searching the internet for a good boppy pattern.  The one I used came from here:  http://www.vanillajoy.com/how-to-boppy-cover.html

The cover came out a little big, and I don't like the wrinkles, so I kept adjusting until it was perfect for me.  Here's the finished product:



The green damask side even has a hidden zipper under that flap towards the top!  This is my second project with a zipper, and I have to say, they aren't as scary as I thought...I see more zippers in my future! 

The pattern even says you are allowed to sell items made using it, so maybe I'll make some for the Farmer's Market this season!  Trying to improve the line of products, and this just might be a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! And I'm so glad you aren't scared of zippers, once you do a few they really are pretty simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb! I'm not really sure where the fear came with to begin with! Now I need to build my stash of zippers!

    ReplyDelete